For this Wednesday’s mini art journal page I have a piece of Hamsa art. It is inspired by a new Artfoamie I got from ArtByMarlene: Hamsa Hand.
This is another great easy, quick journal page. It took me under 20 minutes and filled that creative need for the night.
Here is how I did it:
1. I started with a 4″ x 6″ (10.16cm x 15.24cm) piece of mixed media paper.
2. I had some gelli prints I had been making using craft paint and Dina Wakley’s new scribble sticks. I cut out a piece of deli paper with the gelli printing on it and using matte gel medium, I glued it to the page.
3. I dried the page with my Ranger Heat Tool.
4. I then took one of my custom mandala stencils and used the Frayed Burlap Distress Oxide thru it with the Tim Holtz
6. I then put the Hamsa Artfoamie on the paper and voila beautiful print.
7. Next, I dried it with the heat gun again. To make the teal stand out, I went back to my Distress Oxides and grabbed my Peacock Feathers Blue and edged the paper with the blending tool.
8. Then I went and dug out some of my Tim Holtz Small Talk quotes and picked “Live, Create, Tell The Story” and added that to the piece.
9. Last step I had to get my scribbles in so using my Pilot Black Multi Ball pen I added a border.
Now I have another piece of small art in my mini journal that will continue to inspire me.
I hope this piece will inspire you as well. I linked to some of the items I used in case you see something you want for your collection.
Thanks for stopping by, have a creative day!
See my video here on my youtube channel