Happy Saturday! I am back again with yes more Alcohol Lift-Ink because I am obsessed right now with seeing all the fabulous ways I can use this new supply. Today I bring you a fun summer themed background. I used the 5″ x 7″ Alcohol Ink Yupo paper and my new mermaid stamp to create a luscious, cool under the sea background. I’m not sure what she will bloom into yet, whether it’s a card or a tag, but at least I have the background for my stash.
This one was very easy:
- I used the Alcohol Ink Yupo Paper
- I applied several blue and purple colors of Alcohol Ink
- I used the Alcohol Blending Solution on a felt applicator to add more movement
- I used the Alcohol Iift-Ink and my Tim Holtz Stamp Platform to stamp the mermaid image
- I then used the stamp on a distress tag to transfer the alcohol ink that lifted.
Voila! Instant card background.
You can watch my process video here: Alcohol Lift-Ink Mermaid Background
Here are some stills of the vibrant colors. Makes me want to go swimming!
Are you ready for summer! I sure am! I hope this brought you some summertime inspiration. Time to break out those alcohol inks and put then to new uses! Happy Crafting!
Below is my supply list.
Some items are affiliate links and any purchases
made thru these links help to fund my youtube videos and websites.
Tim Holtz Distress Tags (Mulit-pack)
Stampendous- Mermaid Stamp