I picked leaves that still had some elasticity to them, not totally dried out. I then brought them in, gently washed them, laid them between two paper towels and put a book on them for a few hours to press.
Once the leaves were clean and pressed I got out the paint pens I purchased at Walmart to have a play. I used colors that were part of the theme from this months journal prompt.
After I did one leaf in just paint pens I decided to see if I could paint the leaves. I grabbed some craft paint in yellow and lime green and applied two coats. Once the leaves were dry, I thought about stamping and that was my next step. I took black archival ink and used it to stamp the leaves. It really brought them to life.
Once I was sure the leaves were dry and the archival ink was dry I went and did some splattering as well adding e blue and some Tim Holtz mica spray for shimmer.
I let the leaves dry well overnight and in the morning I applied mod podge to the front and backs. This will preserve them for some time.
Stay tuned for my post on Wednesday to see how I used these leaves in my journal prompt from the facebook Mission Inspiration group. (June 2018)
I hope this gave you some crafting ideas and I’d love to see what you create!