Welcome to Day 3 of my 7 days of Halloween! Today’s make is a cute black cat cobweb Dylusions art journal tag. This one is special to me because I used a custom stencil I designed. I have released in my Etsy shop a set of stencil’s based on my fur babies Holly and Chappie (links below).
For this project I:
- Took a size #10 Dylusions Manilla Art Journal tag and coated it in two coats of Dylusions Crushed Grape Paint.
- Used the “Holly looking out window” stencil and painted the black cat image.
- I then placed the mask to the Holly stencil on the image to protect it.
- Next, I used the Small Dylusions Cobweb stencil to add Dylusions Fresh Lime Paint thru the cobweb stencil.
- I then removed the mask from the Holly figure and touched up the black areas.
- Out came my Versamark Pad and the stamp that accompanies the Small Dylusions Cobweb stencil. I inked up the stamp and went over the cobweb areas.
- Next, I laid down a layer of black embossing powder on the cobweb area and then tapped the embossing powder off into a coffee filter.
- For some extra glimmer, I got out my Versamarker and outlined the Holly shape and repeated the embossing.
- Once I was all shimmered I hit it with the heat gun to set.
- OOPS I forgot a step (Back after I did step 4 I edged the tag with black paint)
- Okay where were we, all shimmered up time to add copy. I dug thru my Tim Holtz Idea-ology 2018 Halloween word chips to find just the right one.
- I edged the word chip with Wilted Violet Distress Oxide.
- Lastly, to finish it all off I added some shiny cobweb ribbon I purchased at Michaels last year on clearance
The end result was a shimmer cat tag for a special happy mail swap.
You can see the process take shape on my YouTube Chanel: Dylusions Cobweb Black Cat Art Journal Tag
Here are some shots including Holly modeling the tag 😉
I hope this tag will inspire to break out some of those Dylusions paints and make your own cute Halloween tag, perfect for swap mail or your own art journal projects.
Here are the supplies used to make this tag: